LifeOX-AIR Ultra 10 ozone generatorCode: 1995
Product detailed description
The current LifeOX®-AIR models have been developed based on more than ten years of experience.
How does the ozone generator work?
We all know that there is an ozone layer in the stratosphere, 25 to 35 km above the ground. The ozone layer acts as a natural shield against harmful ultraviolet radiation from space. When the high-frequency part of the UV hits the oxygen molecule O2, it absorbs the energy and breaks down into free radicals. This process is called photolysis. But the process doesn't end there, because the released oxygen atoms soon combine with the surrounding O2 molecules to form O3 molecules - ozone. Gradually, it breaks down into the O2 molecule and the free atom, which reacts with its surroundings.Thanks to this invisible process, life can exist a few tens of kilometres below without having to hide in the depths of the oceans.
Ozone is one of the most powerful oxidizing agents known, so it doesn't just kill bacteria and viruses, it can also destroy odours and mould. Ozone is also used to treat drinking water and we know the typical ozone smell from swimming pools. This process is called ozonisation. However, our purifier is only suitable for air purification.
The device works on the principle of active oxygen (O3/ozone), which is converted back to oxygen (O2) after the application is finished. Ozone as an oxidizing agent has very strong disinfecting effects and can be used in the form of a gas in confined spaces.
The principle of operation of the LifeOX-AIR Ultra 10 ozone generator:
1) Production of active oxygen (ozone) from the ambient air - without the presence of people
2) Increase in the concentration of active oxygen (ozone) in the room - disinfection and deodorization of the air, walls, furniture, curtains...
3) Conversion of active oxygen (ozone) back to oxygen and air filtration
4) The air in the room is fresh, fragrant and above all no longer harmful to health
The main advantages of the LifeOX-AIR Ultra 10 ozone generator
- Proven to kill bacteria and viruses (including COVID-19),
- Effective and fast disinfection and deodorization,
- Removes odors from cigarette smoke, pets, sweat,
- kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, molds, pathogens, allergens,
- portable, compact,
- elegant design,
- European made,
- ideal for areas such as apartments, restaurants, hotel rooms, offices,
- saves money on disinfectants and various air fresheners.
- It is environmentally friendly as it leaves no waste substances.
- also suitable for allergy and asthma sufferers.
What concentration of ozone is safe?
As we have already mentioned, ozone (O3) is a natural part of our atmosphere and we all breathe it - just because we were born on planet Earth.Ozone is highly toxic, so it is important to understand what concentration of ozone in the air is safe for us and what is not. Ozone concentrations are commonly measured in ppm (parts per million), ppb (parts per billion) or g (mg, µg) /m3 of air.
If you go for a walk in the mountains, far away from civilization, away from all traffic, industry and civilization, the local air will have an ozone concentration of about 0.015 ppm, which is equivalent to 30 µg/m3 of air. This is the amount of ozone in an area almost untouched by man.It is generally reported that the European landscape has an ozone concentration of about 0.06 ppm, or 120 µg/m3.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has set the U.S. national clean air limit at 0.08 ppm. This means that in the USA, an ozone concentration of 160 µg/m3 is still considered clean and healthy air.
What about Ultra Digital 10 purifiers?
Current legislation in Europe sets a maximum permissible ozone limit of 0.05 ppm, or 100 µg/m3, for air purifiers. In the European, this limit is regulated by ČSN EN 60335-2-65 ED.2 (361045). This means that when you use an air purifier at home, you breathe even less ozone than if you went out into the forest.The human sense of smell is able to detect the presence of ozone in the air at very low concentrations of about 10 µg/m 3 .
In addition, ozone, unlike chlorine or carbon monoxide, does not inhibit receptors, i.e. it is impossible to "breathe" them at low concentrations, such as chlorine.
Active oxygen (ozone) destroys, among other things, these bacteria, viruses and moulds:
Bacteria: Bacillus atrophaeus, Bacillus anthracis (anthrax), Escherichia coli, Salmonella choleraesuis, MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella typhimurium, Tubercle bacillus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Listeria
Viruses: Influenza A virus - the best known subtypes include avian influenza virus H5N1 and swine influenza virus H1N1, herpes viruses, vaccinia virus, adenoviruses, COVID-19
Fungi: Aspergillus niger, Stachybotrys chartarum (black mould). The World Health Organization (WHO) has shown that 60% of all allergies are caused by fungi
Will the ozone generator eliminate mites, mealworms or bedbugs?
Will the ozone generator eliminate mites, mealworms or bedbugs?
Yes, it will. Dust mites are a common cause of allergies. They are usually present in mattresses, bedding, carpets, sofas, etc. Ozone is used to inactivate dust mites. However, very high doses of ozone are needed. This means that ozone from LifeOX Air ozone generators must be applied repeatedly and over extended periods of time. If possible, we recommend wrapping contaminated parts in a plastic bag to keep ozone concentrations as high as possible at the mite site.
For mealworms, this cannot be guaranteed unless they are in a flour package (wrapped). If they are outside the flour packet, the ozone will deal with them.
How to use the LifeOX-AIR Ultra 10 ozone generator
Always read the instructions for use carefully before use, which can be found in the original packaging or in the related downloads.
- Recommended maximum space up to 65 m3 for effective disinfection within 1 hour.
- If the room has been treated with chlorine disinfection or there is high humidity in the room, we recommend first dehumidifying it and ventilating chlorine vapors, which can cause oxidation or corrosion of components inside the device.
- Close windows, doors and if they do not seal well, seal them with e.g. adhesive tape. Leave the room once treatment has started, closing the door to prevent ozone leakage from the room. Before leaving the room, make sure there are no people or pets inside. Also remove sources of odour (ash, biological waste) from the room, remove or seal aromatic foods, perfumes and cleaning products.
- Keep children and pets away from the equipment, remove plants from the room, do not expose the equipment to increased humidity, prevent liquids from entering the equipment.
- It is important that no one enters the room during the process of production and destruction of active oxygen. If entry into the room is necessary, this is only possible if the ozone concentration in the room does not cause any health problems.
- Ozone is a toxic gas. Never inhale ozone at the air outlet of the unit! Observe the safety precautions applicable to electrical equipment! Avoid electric shock! Never attempt to enter the equipment, never repair it yourself! The device must not be covered during operation and must not be carried.
Why choose a LifeOX-AIR Ultra 10 ozone generator
Lifetech has 40 years of practical experience from laboratory experiments and independent measurements. It is a European company that has a long history of scientific research and practical experience in ozone and UV technology, advanced oxidation processes and nanotechnology for water and air treatment. The products meet the highest quality expectations of European and German partners and reliably serve customers from all over the world. The products and technologies are used by many global companies (Veolia, Culligan, Modiano Group, ACO Industries and many others).
What does it mean that ozone has a microflocculation effect?
The microflocculation effect of ozone can be observed in both water and air. Here we will mention this effect only in the context of air disinfection. If you place an ozone generator in an enclosed room and observe the room through a glass door, you will see a "fog" forming over a period of time, decreasing the transparency through the room. This effect is due to the clumping of micro-particles invisible to the eye in the air into larger clusters of particles that are already perceptible to the human eye. These microparticles eventually fall to the ground or are removed from the air by passing through a filter, as is the case with our LifeOX® Air Ultra+ ozone generators. As a result of this effect, the space is visually clearer and looks fresher after ozone treatment.
Are ozone and its effects proven?
The antipathogenic effects of ozone have been proven for several decades. Its destructive effect on bacteria, viruses, fungi and on many types of protozoa serves as the basis for its increasing use in disinfecting municipal water sources in cities around the world.
How does ozone destroy viruses?
Viruses are usually small, independent particles composed of crystals and macromolecules. Unlike bacteria, they multiply only in the host cell. Ozone destroys viruses by diffusing through the protein coat into the nucleic acid nucleus, resulting in damage to the viral RNA. At higher concentrations, ozone destroys the capsid or outer protein envelope by oxidation.
Can LifeOX® Air ozone generators be used to disinfect buses, trams and trains?
Ozone has been used for these purposes for a long time. Our LifeOX® Air Ultra and LifeOX® Air Ultra ozone generators, which are placed inside the disinfected area as standard, are suitable for this application. LifeOX® Air Ultra can also be placed outside the disinfected area. In this case, the ozone is then directed to the application site via a flexible hose.
Has LifeOX® Air been independently tested for disinfection efficiency?
In 2005, the LifeOX® Air ozone generator was tested at the Public Health Institute. Its disinfecting effectiveness was proven - see article : Use of Ozone to Reduce Bacteria, Klánová, Lajčíková (SZÚ) - see related files.
- Ozone production up to 10 g/h.
- Air flow - 340 m3/h.
- Power 130 W / 1phase / 50 Hz / 230 V.
- Dimensions: 16 × 21 × 32 cm
Danger of respiratory irritation.
About the manufacturer
LIFETECH s.r.o. is a development and manufacturing company focusing on ozone and UV technologies for water and air treatment. The company is actively interested in the use of nanotechnology, whether in water or air treatment.
The Lifetech company has been engaged in the production of disinfection technologies for more than 30 years. In addition to ozone generators, it also sells UV lamps and equipment for the detection and destruction of ozone. It also cooperates with foreign universities on the development of these products.
Lifetech products are certified by the State Health Institute.
Use and safety of ozone generators
Ozone (O3) effectively eliminates bacteria, viruses and fungi and helps remove allergens and odors from the air. You can use ozone generators from Lifetech in the home, office, shop, hotel or medical facility.
Just plug the device into the socket and turn it on. The formation of ozone takes place in a closed room without people. Within 60 minutes, the remaining ozone will break down back into oxygen - after which you can safely return to the room. Ozonizers are equipped with a timer that alerts you when it is possible to enter the room.
Which Lifetech ozone generator to choose?
Choose an ozone generator according to the size of the room you want to disinfect:
► spaces up to 30 m3 (with a ceiling height of 2.7 m, area up to 11.1 m2) – ozone generator LifeOX-AIR® Ozzy,