Ozone Generator LifeOX-AIR Ultra 20Code: 3026
Product detailed description
The current LifeOX®-AIR models were developed on the basis of more than ten years of experience.
How Does an Ozone Generator Work?
We all know that the ozone layer is located in the stratosphere, at a height of 25 to 35 km above the earth. The ozone layer acts as a natural shield against harmful ultraviolet radiation from space. When the high-frequency part of UV hits the oxygen molecule O₂, it absorbs the energy and breaks down into free radicals. This process is called photolysis. But the process does not end there, because the freed oxygen atoms soon combine with the surrounding O₂ molecules and form O₃ molecules – ozone. It gradually breaks down into an O₂ molecule and a free atom, which again reacts with the environment. Thanks to this invisible process, life can exist a few tens of kilometers below, without having to hide somewhere in the depths of the oceans.
Ozone is one of the strongest oxidizing agents we know, so it doesn't just destroy bacteria and viruses, it can also destroy odors and molds. Ozone is also used to treat drinking water, and we also know the typical smell of ozone from swimming pools. This process is called ozonation. However, our purifier is only suitable for air cleaning.
The device works on the principle of action of active oxygen (O3/ozone), which is transformed back into oxygen (O2) after the end of the application. Ozone as an oxidizing agent has very strong disinfecting effects and can be used in closed spaces in gas form.
The Principle of Operation of the Ozone Generator LifeOX ® Ultra 20:
1) Production of active oxygen (ozone) from the surrounding air - without the presence of people
2) Increase in the concentration of active oxygen (ozone) in the room - disinfection and deodorization of the air, walls, furniture, curtains...
3) Conversion of active oxygen (ozone) back to oxygen and air filtration
4) The air in the room is fresh, fragrant and, above all, harmless to health
Main Advantages of LifeOX-AIR® Ultra 20
- Possibility of disinfecting spaces up to 340 m³ with ozone production of up to 20 g O3/h
- Proven destruction of bacteria and viruses (including COVID-19),
- effective and fast disinfection and deodorization,
- removes the smell of cigarette smoke, pets, sweat,
- eliminates bacteria, viruses, fungi, fungi, pathogens, allergens,
- portable, compact,
- elegant design,
- Czech production,
- ideal for spaces such as apartments, restaurants, hotel rooms, offices,
- saves money on disinfectants and various air fresheners.
- it is ecological because it does not leave any waste.
- also suitable for allergy sufferers and asthmatics.
What Concentration of Ozone Is Safe?
As we have already mentioned, ozone (O3) is a natural part of our atmosphere and we all breathe it - if only because we were born on planet Earth. Ozone is highly toxic, so it is necessary to realize what concentration of ozone in the air is safe for us and what is not. Ozone concentration is commonly measured in ppm (parts per million), ppb (parts per billion) or in g (mg, µg) /m3 of air.
If you go for a walk in the mountains, which will be far from civilization, far from all traffic, industry and civilization, the air there will have an ozone concentration of about 0.015 ppm, which is equal to 30 µg/m3 of air. This is the amount of ozone in an area almost untouched by humans.
It is generally stated that the concentration of ozone in the Czech countryside is about 0.06 ppm, i.e. 120 µg/m3.
The US Environmental Protection Agency has set the US national clean air limit at 0.08 ppm. This means that in the US, an ozone concentration of 160 µg/m3 is still considered clean and healthy air.
How about the Ultra Digital 20 Cleaners?
Current legislation in Europe for air purifiers sets the maximum permissible ozone limit of 0.05 ppm, i.e. 100 µg/m3. In the Czech Republic, this limit is regulated by the standard ČSN EN 60335-2-65 ED.2 (361045). This means that when you use an air purifier at home, you breathe even less ozone than if you went out into the forest. The human sense of smell is able to detect the presence of ozone in the air already at very low concentrations from about 10 µg/m3.
In addition, unlike chlorine or carbon monoxide, ozone does not inhibit the receptors, i.e. it is impossible to "inhale" them at low concentrations, such as chlorine.
Active Oxygen (Ozone) Destroys, among Others, the Following Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi:
- Bacteria: Bacillus atrophaeus, Bacillus anthracis (anthrax), Escherichia coli, Salmonella choleraesuis, MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella typhimurium, Tubercle bacillus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Listeria
- Molds: Aspergillus niger, Stachybotrys chartarum (so-called black mold). The World Health Organization (WHO) has shown that 60% of all allergies are caused by molds
Does the Ozone Generator Eliminate Mites, Mealworms or Bed Bugs?
Yes. Dust mites are a common cause of allergies. They are mostly present in mattresses, bedding, carpets, sofas, etc. Ozone is used to inactivate mites. However, very high doses of ozone are needed. This means that it is necessary to repeatedly apply ozone from LifeOX Air ozone generators over a longer period of time. If possible, we recommend wrapping the contaminated parts in a plastic bag so that the ozone concentration is as high as possible in the place where the mites occur.
This cannot be guaranteed for mealworms only if there is flour in the package (packaged). If there are flours outside a packaging, ozone can deal with them.
How to Use the Ozone Generator LifeOX-AIR® Ultra 20
Before use, always carefully read the instructions for use, which can be found in the original packaging or in the related downloads.
- Recommended maximum space up to 340 m3 for effective disinfection within 1 hour.
- If the room has been treated with chlorine disinfection or there is high humidity in the room, we recommend first dehumidifying it and ventilating chlorine vapors, which can cause oxidation or corrosion of components inside the device.
- Close the windows and doors and if they do not seal well, seal them with, for example, adhesive tape. After starting the treatment, leave the room, close the door so that ozone cannot escape from the room. Before leaving the room, make sure there are no people or pets inside. Also remove odor sources (ashes, biological waste) from the room, remove or seal aromatic foods, perfumes and cleaning products.
- Ensure that children and pets do not have access to the device, remove plants from the room, do not expose the device to high humidity, prevent liquids from entering the device.
- It is important that no one enters the room during the process of production and destruction of active oxygen. If entering the room is necessary, it is only possible if the concentration of ozone in the room does not cause any health problems.
- Ozone is a toxic gas. Never inhale ozone at the outlet of the air stream from the device! Observe the safety precautions applicable to electrical equipment! Avoid electric shock! Never try to break into the device, never repair it yourself! During operation, the device must not be covered or carried.
Why Choose an Ozone Generator LifeOX-AIR ®
Lifetech has 40 years of practical experience and laboratory experiments and independent measurements. It is a Czech company that has long-term scientific research and practical experience in the field of ozone and UV technologies, advanced oxidation processes and nanotechnology for water and air treatment. Products that meet the highest quality expectations of Czech and German partners and reliably serve customers from all over the world. The products and technologies are used by many global companies (Veolia, Culligan, Modiano Group, ACO Industries and many others).
What Does It Mean that Ozone Has a Microflocculation Effect?
The microflocculation effect of ozone can be observed both in water and in air. Here we mention this effect only in connection with air disinfection. If you place an ozone generator in a closed room and you can observe this space through a glass door, after some time you will see how a "fog" is formed, the transparency through the room decreases. This effect occurs as a result of the clustering of microparticles invisible to the eye in the air into larger clusters of particles that are already visible to the human eye. These microparticles eventually fall to the ground or are removed from the air by passing through a filter, as is the case with our LifeOX® Air Ultra+ series ozone generators. As a result of this effect, the space after ozone treatment is optically more transparent and looks fresh.
Are Ozone and Its Effects Verified?
The antipathogenic effects of ozone have been proven for several decades. Its destructive effect on bacteria, viruses, fungi and many species of protozoa serves as the basis for its increasing use in the disinfection of municipal water sources in cities around the world.
How Does Ozone Destroy Viruses?
Viruses are usually small, independent particles, composed of crystals and macromolecules. Unlike bacteria, they multiply only inside the host cell. Ozone destroys viruses by diffusing through the protein coat into the nucleic acid core, which results in damage to the viral RNA. At higher concentrations, ozone destroys the capsid or outer protein shell by oxidation.
Can LifeOX® Air Ozone Generators Be Used to Disinfect Buses, Trams and Trains?
Ozone has been used for these purposes for a long time. Our LifeOX® Air Ultra and LifeOX® Air Ultra ozone generators, which are placed inside the disinfected area as standard, are suitable for this application. LifeOX® Air Ultra can also be placed outside the disinfected area. In this case, the ozone is then led into the bowls
- Ozone production up to 20 g/h.
- Air flow – 340 m3/h.
- Power 220 W / 1phase / 50 Hz / 230 V.
- Size: 16 × 21 × 32 cm
Danger of irritation of the respiratory tract.
About the Manufacturer
The company LIFETECH s.r.o. is a development and production company focusing on ozone and UV technologies for water and air treatment. The company is actively interested in the use of nanotechnology, whether in water or air treatment.
The Lifetech company has been engaged in the production of disinfection technologies for more than 30 years. In addition to ozone generators, it also sells UV lamps and equipment for the detection and destruction of ozone. It also cooperates with foreign universities on the development of these products.
Lifetech products are certified by the State Health Institute.
Use and safety of ozone generators
Ozone (O3) effectively eliminates bacteria, viruses and fungi and helps remove allergens and odors from the air. You can use ozone generators from Lifetech in the home, office, shop, hotel or medical facility.
Just plug the device into the socket and turn it on. The formation of ozone takes place in a closed room without people. Within 60 minutes, the remaining ozone will break down back into oxygen - after which you can safely return to the room. Ozonizers are equipped with a timer that alerts you when it is possible to enter the room.
Which Lifetech ozone generator to choose?
Choose an ozone generator according to the size of the room you want to disinfect:
► spaces up to 30 m3 (with a ceiling height of 2.7 m, area up to 11.1 m2) – ozone generator LifeOX-AIR® Ozzy,