Anti-Dust Mite and Allergen Proof Pillow Cover nanoSPACE®Code: AM.07.063 NS.07.203 NS.07.207 NS.07.206 NS.07.202 AM.07.059 AM.07.062 AM.07.060 AM.07.061 NS.07.201 Choose variant
Product detailed description
How does nanofabric work?
The nanofabric captures all dust, even its invisible particles, and the duvet remains clean at all times. Yet the material is 100% breathable. A nanometer is a thousand times smaller than a micrometer. Imagine this layer as a spider's web, with holes between the individual fibres that are only 80 nm in size. The dimensions of a dust mite are around 420,000 nm, its allergen is 1,000 nm in size, bacteria 100 - 10,000 nm, a virus around 100 nm and scabies 300,000 nm. Thus, they have no chance to pass through the fabric. They cannot collect in the duvet, multiply and cause allergic reactions and respiratory diseases. The holes in competing microfiber textiles and natural materials are in micrometers, the holes in nanofabric are in nanometers; the difference is similar to that between a hole in the wall caused by a ball lightning and a hole in paper pierced with a pin.
Instructions for use
1) (Optional) Before using our anti-dust mite pillowcase, we recommend washing the pillow at a minimum of 60°C, which is the temperature that kills the mites inside the bedding.
2) Cover the pillow in the pillowcase. This will prevent mites from entering the pillow and multiplying.
3) Lay your own bedding over the cover.
4) When changing the bed linen, you can treat the anti-dust mite pillowcase by wiping with a damp cloth/drying.
5) Wash the covers once a year without fabric softener at 40 °C (60 °C if necessary) in a chlorine and phosphorus free detergent or gel. For example, the following products are also suitable for washing nanofiber materials. Coatings must not be ironed or tumble-dried.
The effectiveness of the nanofiber layer was tested by:
- Textile Testing Institute in Brno (penetration of microorganisms)
- Technical University in Liberec (penetration of dust particles of 1 micrometer)
- Public Health Institute in Prague (skin tolerance and possible allergic reactions)
- Effective capture of microorganisms was proven ≥ 99.0 %
- Effective capture of dust particles was proven ≥ 99.9 %
- No negative reactions in contact with human skin were proven
- 100% efficiency in capturing allergens produced by dust mites for ten washing cycles. We recommend washing once a year.
Composition of nanoSPACE® material:
- 99.9% polyester - microfiber fabric
- 0.1% polyamide 6 - nanofiber membrane
The used nanoSPACE fabric is certified by the OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100.
Recommendation for people suffering from severe allergies or asthma
We recommend treating the ceiling in the bedroom, and possibly other rooms, with FN NANO® self-cleaning coating, which will eliminate allergens, bacteria and viruses from the air. An equally effective solution is a portable ozone generator, which effectively cleans the air of mould, allergens, viruses (including COVID-19), bacteria and odours...
- How to choose your bedding?
- How to choose the ideal pillow for allergy sufferers?
- How to take care of the antiallergic bedding with nanofabric
|Category:||Anti-dust Mite Covers|
|Pillow size:||41 x 20 cm, 45 x 60 cm, 50 x 50 cm, 50 x 60 cm, 50 x 70 cm, 50 x 75 cm, 50 x 90 cm, 55 x 80 cm, 65 x 65 cm, 70 x 90 cm|
The Czech company nanoSPACE has been operating on the market since 2012 and focuses primarily on products where nanofiber textiles are used. In 2012, it became the first manufacturer to use a nanofibrous membrane in barrier covers for allergy sufferers. Since then, it has expanded its portfolio to include nano duvets and nano pillows, which are especially suitable for people with dust allergies.
In 2016, it was the first in the world to present functional bed linen that can fully replace barrier coatings. This product line, which bears the name Nanocotton®, was able to combine the functionality of the material with organic cotton and is suitable not only for allergy sufferers, but also for atopic patients.
During the coronavirus epidemic in 2020, nanoSPACE used its long-term knowledge in the field of nanofiber materials and started the production of anti-virus neck gaiters and protective masks made of nanofiber. From 2021, it also produces designer washable nano masks.
In 2021, the nanoSPACE company founded the subsidiary nanoSPACE Technology, which is dedicated to development, research and innovation in the field of nanofiber textiles.