FN® Transparent functional coatingCode: 941/1 L 941/5 L Choose variant
Product detailed description
One square metre of FN® Transparent nano coating can clean up to three million cubic metres of air per year. The photocatalytic process works when sunlight or UVA light hits the coating.
An environmentally friendly, chemical-free product, the most effective in the world
How does photocatalytic coating work?
Two common substances, such as air and the smoke molecules or viruses and bacteria that are dispersed in it, exist together without any problems (e.g. in a smoky room). The moment a smoke particle touches an illuminated surface coated with a photocatalytic coating, it reacts with oxygen and oxidation or combustion occurs (the surface remains cool, however, so it is a chemical reaction). Impurities in the air are then broken down into water and carbon dioxide molecules. Photocatalysis can be used to destroy organic allergens, carcinogens, viruses, bacteria, spores, and also to decompose exhaust fumes. Eventually, even the most complex organic molecules are converted into harmless simple inorganic compounds such as carbon dioxide, water and the corresponding mineral acids. Unlike various chemical preparations, the photocatalytic layer can also handle microbes, as it burns all organic matter indiscriminately.
The whole process is activated by daylight, so in interiors where the coating is used it is important that daylight falls on the surface or that the room is illuminated by special bulbs. The photoactive layer is porous and has a huge specific surface area. The process is driven by light, so unlike other products it is inexhaustible and does not introduce other substances into the environment as is the case with disinfectants etc.
Three rules for the application of nano-coatings - what to watch out for
1) Always mix the suspension before application - ideally use a tub not a bucket when applying. If you are using a bucket, it is essential that you have someone stirring the suspension at all times. Never let the paint stand for long periods without stirring.
2) All coats must be thin - FN NANO is not a cover coat, it is a functional coat and you must always apply thin coats to crystallize the paint properly. Never simplify the job by deciding to apply two thicker coats instead of three. The paint should be thin.
3) Never apply paint to waterproof surfaces and always apply paint at least 24 hours after painting
What can photocatalytic coating do?
- Creates self-cleaning surfaces
- Slows the aging of treated surfaces, protects against biological effects and ultraviolet radiation
- Combats graffiti
- Prevents the growth of green algae, fungi and other microorganisms
- Effectively eliminates viruses and bacteria
- Eliminates yeasts, fungi, spores
- 1m2 of coating can clean 3 million cubic meters of air per year
- Eliminates odors (cigarette smoke, exhaust fumes, feces...)
- Protects against flu and viral diseases (such as COVID-19)
- Significantly improves life for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Prevents the growth of moulds and parasitic fungi even on tree trunks
Benefits of FN® Transparent nano coating
- Fully replaces the air purifier
- Effective elimination of viruses, bacteria, allergens, odours
- Reduces the spread of bacteria and viruses in rooms and thus the spread of disease
- Inexpensive operation - the whole process is powered by light
- The coating layer is transparetic
- Can be used outdoors and indoors
- The active ingredient in the coating suspension is not harmful to the environment or human health
- Suspension and active layer is perfectly safe for health
- The coating has a neutral pH
- Nano coating is up to several orders of magnitude more effective than photocatalytic paints based on silicate, silicone or acrylic.
- Can be combined with disinfectants
- The coating is easily applied to the surface by brush, low roller or spray
- It is highly vapour permeable - the stone does not freeze or crack in winter
- Maximum UV protection - against chalking and surface erosion
- Homes, kitchens, smoking rooms or entire rooms
- Exterior facades and interiors
- Laboratories, hospitals, schools and public buildings
- Treatment of building ground contact surfaces
- Treatment of sculptures and works of art damaged by ultraviolet radiation and lichens (etc.)
- Against sprayers (it is advisable to apply five coats instead of the usual three. This creates a very porous hydrophilic film which is difficult for the spray to penetrate. The same creation will then consume up to 5 times as much paint and, in addition, his creation can be easily scraped off with a rough brush, which must then be restored on the scraped area, e.g. with a roller). Five coats only need to be applied to the underside of the façade and the usual three coats are sufficient for the rest. Typical consumption of the suspension is litre/10 m2)
This is a pure water-based composite coating containing an untreated photocatalyst and inorganic binders.
Use indoors and outdoors
Certified for the protection of concrete and also suitable for the treatment of stone and natural wall cladding, limestone, travertine, stone, ceramic tiles, bricks, concrete brick strips and other similar cladding, common types of plaster. For new constructions, we recommend applying the functional coating FN 1 Transparent as a protective layer that will protect the surface and reduce the concentration of viruses, bacteria, fungi and prevent the growth of lichens and other mycorrhizal organisms that erode the surface.
If the façade is already dirty and infested with microorganisms, we recommend first washing, treating, penetrating and then applying FN 1 Transparent as a protective layer that will protect the surface and reduce the concentration of viruses, bacteria, moulds and prevent the growth of lichens and other microorganisms that erode the surface.
For brick and plasterboard substrates, artificial stone, real bricks and their imitations - in case of problems with mould, fungi, etc., we recommend first treating the surfaces with an anti-mould product, allowing them to dry and then applying FN® 1 Transparent as a prevention against the build-up of micro-organisms. Here, it is necessary to ensure that the coating has a sufficient light source to activate it.
Method of application of FN NANO® Transparent nano coating
Before each application, the coating must be shaken very thoroughly in the packaging in which it is supplied. Perfect shaking is necessary to achieve even mixing of the insoluble dust component in the coating. This is necessary to ensure the proper function of the protective coating.
It is therefore important that the coating is always in motion. In practice, this means pouring off only a small amount of the already thoroughly mixed coating before applying.
To achieve a nice appearance, always apply the thinnest possible, but continuous, even coat, allowing it to dry thoroughly before the next coat.
Spray - optimally 3 times. On smooth surfaces, the manufacturer recommends spray application to create a thin even coat.
Brush application in one to three coats is very suitable for hard-to-reach areas, deeper diffusion of the active substance and for treating areas that may be affected by mould, for example.
Roller application in one to three coats is suitable for virtually all surfaces. Uniform application requires some skill.Cover well all areas that will not be treated with the FN coat
- Allow the layer to dry between applications
- Do not apply in rain
- For better effect, we recommend that the areas are thoroughly cleaned before application
Do not apply on water repellent (hydrophobic) surfaces.
The application method, tools and equipment used must be appropriate to the specific conditions, condition and requirements of the object on which the coating is to be applied.
During application of the coating, the nanoparticles of the active substance penetrate the porous structure of the substrate where they bind in a layer of inorganic binders. The still-island-like layer with a thickness of only 200 nanometres is able to provide a photocatalytic function of approximately fifty percent, which guarantees many years of functionality and effectiveness of this coating even in outdoor environments. The applied layer is frost-resistant and highly vapour permeable - thus, no damage to the substrate in winter due to frost heave.
Do not dilute!
50 - 150 ml/m2, typically 1 litre = 10m2 of protective surface in 3 coats.
Water - as soon as possible after use.
Plastic containers of 1 and 5 litres
Maximum 4 months from date of manufacture at 10-25°C, in unopened original packaging. Before use, the mixture must be mixed very thoroughly by shaking in the original packaging. In the case of coloured variants, we recommend, if stored for more than 2 days from the date of manufacture, to mix the suspension (coating) with a stick mixer after thorough mixing in the bottle (canister) to ensure perfect distribution of the pigment in the liquid.
Be the first who will post an article to this item!
The FN NANO company develops and manufactures nanotechnological functional coatings and self-cleaning water coatings that eliminate microorganisms (including algae), organic impurities, allergens and odors.
The effectiveness of FN NANO products was confirmed by independent studies conducted by the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, the Technical University in Ostrava and other research organizations.
How do FN NANO coatings work?
The main effective component of FN NANO products are photocatalytic crystals of titanium dioxide (TiO2). After exposure to sunlight, they are activated and – in cooperation with oxygen – create a strong oxidizing environment in their surroundings, which decomposes organic molecules into oxides of carbon, nitrogen, sulfur and water.
The high efficiency of coatings in the form of coatings is ensured by a patented binder that increases the functional area of the TiO2 crystals to the maximum. It prevents the further settlement of microorganisms and at the same time protects the substrate on which they are applied from UV radiation.
FN NANO preparations do not contain any organic substances and are not dangerous for the environment.
Which FN NANO product to choose?
Choose the coating according to the material of the wall and the intended function.
► Exposed concrete, plaster, and masonry in exterior with the aim to preserve most of the original color (transparency 60 to 65%) - Photocatalytic coating FN NANO®1 for outdoor use (suitable also as a base layer for other types of FN NANO coatings)
► Concrete, plaster, stone masonry in exterior and interior with the goal of ensuring higher effectiveness of air cleaning (transparency of coating 50%) - Photocatalytic coating FN NANO®2,
► Plaster and concrete masonry in interior with the goal of maximizing air cleaning (white color of coating, transparency of coating 30 to 40%) - Photocatalytic coating FN NANO®3.
► Stone and natural cladding in exterior with the goal of preserving the maximum original color (transparency of coating around 80%) and structure of the substrate - FN NANO® Transparent functional coating.
► Plaster and concrete masonry in interior with the goal of maximizing antimicrobial and biocidal function (transparency of coating 60 to 65%) - FN NANO® BioMax Functional coating.
► Wood and wooden cladding in exterior and interior with the goal of preserving the appearance and structure of the material and preventing its degradation (transparency of coating around 80%) - FN® WOOD functional coating
For cleaning the pool without chemical products, choose the eco-friendly pool cleaner FN® AQUA, which is gentle even to the skin of allergy sufferers and people with skin problems.